Some of the top benefits of getting an energy audit for your home or business in Massachusetts are:
– You can dramatically reduce your energy bills by identifying and implementing energy-saving measures.
– You can improve your comfort throughout the year by fixing air leaks, adding insulation, upgrading your heating and cooling systems, and using smart thermostats.
– You can reduce your carbon footprint and contribute to the state’s goal of achieving net-zero emissions by 2050 by using less fossil fuels and more renewable energy sources.
– You can qualify for rebates and incentives from Mass Save®, a program sponsored by Massachusetts’ gas and electric utilities and energy efficiency service providers, to help you pay for the cost of energy-efficient equipment and upgrades.
– You can get a competitive advantage in your industry by improving your productivity, performance, and customer satisfaction with energy efficiency upgrades.
– You can access technical assistance and support from Mass Save® to help you with energy assessments, new construction projects, equipment optimization, and industry-specific solutions.
To be eligible for an energy audit, you need to meet certain criteria based on your household size, income, and type of residence. For example:
– If you are a homeowner or renter of a 1-4 unit building, you can sign up for a no-cost home energy assessment through Mass Save® by filling out an online form or calling 1-866-527-7283.
– If you are a homeowner or renter of a 5+ unit building, you can sign up for a free multi-family energy assessment through Mass Save® by filling out an online form or calling 1-800-594-7277.
– If you are a low-income household (earning less than 60% of the state median income), you can apply for home heating and energy assistance through the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) by contacting your local fuel assistance agency or calling 1-800-632-8175.
– If you are a business owner or manager of any size or sector, you can sign up for a commercial upstream program through Mass Save® by purchasing and installing qualifying commercial equipment and products through a participating distributor or dealer.
If you are interested in using recycled insulation materials for your home or business, consider Green Insulation Group as our specialty is recycled or reclaimed foam insulation panels. Contact us today to discuss your insulation needs.
For more information on the benefits and eligibility of energy audits in Massachusetts, you can visit the following websites:
– Massachusetts Assessments and Audits: Energy Savings Start Here
– Mass Save® | Online Home Energy Assessment
– Schedule a Free Home Energy Assessment: Call +18665277283
– Apply for home heating and energy assistance
– Mass Save | Business
– Mass Save Small Business Energy Assessments